Tuesday, June 27, 2006

They WILL Eat It

One of the hardest things about some two year olds is getting them to eat a nutritious diet. I am no expert on nutrition, but here are a list of things I could get my two year old to eat:

Breakfast
Rice Chex
Blueberry Pancakes
Waffles with jam
Cream of Wheat (add milk, butter, peaches and a little sugar)
Oatmeal (add milk, butter, raisins, and brown sugar)
Side of fruit

Lunch
Meat and cheese sandwich (cut into bite size pieces)
PBJ sandwich (bite size pieces)
Grilled Cheese
Soups (vegetable, chicken noodle, chicken and rice...)
Side of Fruit

Dinner
Homemade Pizza (especially with Italian Sausage)
Grilled Chicken
3 Cheese Tortellini w/red sauce
Chicken Croissants
Fettuccini Alfredo
Barbeque Beef
Spaghetti (finely cut up)
Side of Vegetables

Veggies
Broccoli (steamed w/butter and salt)
Corn on the cob (a favorite)
Steamed Zucchini
Steamed Yellow Squash
Boiled Carrots
Green Beans (will only eat 3 or 4)

Fruit
Mandarin Oranges
Sliced Oranges
Sliced Strawberries
Kiwi
Peeled Apples
Canned Peaches
Canned Pears
Applesauce

This list is not all inclusive, but it does the job for some great ideas that your kid will most likely eat. At dinner, I don't give my kids a choice, they eat what the family eats, or they don't eat. This may sound harsh, but they know I mean business, and it works. Well, when in doubt, microwave some chicken nuggets and pour on the ketchup (you know you've done it!).

No comments: