As the month is nearing its end, and the experiment is coming to a close, I've realized a few things.
First, no matter how hard you try, you cannot have a rigid schedule for young children. Illnesses, teething, phone calls, weather, visitors, car problems, and so much more make it impossible.
Second, having a flexible schedule really does work! Not only has it given the kids some balance and repetition in their ever changing world, but it is also comforting to them, like their favorite blanket that is always waiting for them when they go to bed. It is also good for me, because I know when I will have time to do certain things. It gives me a bit more drive to get chores done, because if I don't get them done when they're scheduled, there is nowhere else on the schedule where they fit in. I also enjoy that I set aside meditative time and personal scripture time. I have to make time for these things, they are essential.
I would say that so far the experiment has been very successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment