Friday, March 30, 2007

I got a break

So I got my much needed rest. It was bitter-sweet for many reasons. I went and stayed with my sister, but the reason I went was because she had a miscarriage. It makes me reflect back on my whole reason for wanting to get a "break" in the first place. It was pretty selfish. Sure motherhood is tiring and hard, it has it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I thank God I have my two little angels. So the bitter part was going to see my sister after she miscarried a much wanted and hoped for pregnancy. It broke my heart, and hers and her husbands. This wasn't the kind of break I wanted... I held her and loved her, but there wasn't much I could do but say I was sorry and that I loved her. I prayed a lot too. I think that is the thing that got me through. When I prayed I had an overwhelming sense of peace and reassurance that God was very aware of them and that I didn't need to worry. The sweet moments were being there for my sis, hanging out with her and being able to give her 100% of my time and attention. We stayed up until 3am watching pointless TV and talking, and then I slept in until 10:30 am. I went home missing her, and returned home to a family I missed. I'm going to try harder to not take things for granted.

No comments: