Sunday, June 10, 2007

Berry Fun!


My son and I went to a blueberry patch with some friends and picked a gallon bucket of blueberries. We had so much fun. That's right, you can grow blueberries in Texas. The farm we went to is The Bailey's Berry Patch. The berries are huge and delicious. Unfortunately the first one my son chose to eat was not ripe and he refused to eat anymore. But he happily accompanied me for an hour and a half while I filled my bucket. I think this is a fantastic summer activity to do with the kids. Not only did I spend quality time with my son doing work, we came out of it with a great reward. Then, we went home and made muffins. He had no problem eating those. My son even took this picture of the Berry Patch and me peeking through the berries. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Emily B. said...

What great fun! I want to do that! Let's go again. I love Ethan's picture.

Sashafras said...

We love picking blueberries too! We do it every summer up in Michigan. But we have to wait until July or August for them to be ripe! lol
We are even growing our own blueberry bush in our yard!
Glad you had fun!

Kendra said...

We definitely cannot grow blueberries in our yard. I honestly don't know how they even get them to grow here in Texas. I guess you need acidic soil. We just have clay for soil. Good luck with your blueberries.
PS Sasha, I have some great recipes, so if you are looking for a particular blueberry recipe, just email me, and I'll send it.