Friday, July 20, 2007

Quilts





I love to quilt. Well, I must admit, I love to have a quilt I made. The process is tedious and time-consuming, and I fret the entire time. But in the end I'm always glad I stuck to it, and I can't wait to have an excuse to start another one.

Here are some pictures of quilts I've made...

4 comments:

Joyner Family said...

Wow. I am very impressed with your quilt making skills. I love to quilt myself but am very much a beginner. I would love to learn from you and all your talent! Beautiful quilts!

Kendra said...

Thanks Natalie. I would love to teach you. I would have no idea what I was doing if it weren't for some seasoned pros who took me under their wings (Anne Simpson and Diane Scott). I'm still learning myself, but the next time one of my sisters get pregnant I'll be starting a new one and we can work on it together (hopefully it will be for Emily or Megan!) I do have a one quilt per sister rule though. It takes about 80+ hours per quilt.

Joyner Family said...

I know they are sooo much work. I made one for Luke that took me months and months. I loved that one you made for Kristy's shower. Please let me know when you make one and I will come and help!

Sashafras said...

Those are so beautiful!!! I wish I knew how to quilt, but I really can't afford to have another crafting hobby! LOL Moneywise or timewise! :-) I just barely learned how to tie a quilt when we were just in Nauvoo. I have enough yarn to do a thousand quilts, but I should probably just stick with crocheting and knitting! lol