Sunday, November 04, 2007

Birthday Fun!!!





It was my birthday this week. It was a beautiful day. We woke up, lounged, and thought what should we do today. And it just came to me, the zoo! So we packed up a lunch and the kids and headed out the door. The last time I went to the zoo on my birthday was almost 20 years ago for a school field trip. I remember that school field trip vividly, in fact, that was the first time I've ever seen someone get pooped on by a bird. Ah ha ha ha! It was hilarious.

The kids had never been to the zoo before, so they were thrilled. Everything was new and exciting to them. My son loved the bears, elephants, monkeys and the rhinos. My daughter loved the hippos, monkeys and horses (kangaroos), but she loved the tigers the most. She kept saying, "Tiger, tiger, tiger." over and over after we saw them...

Here are some fun pictures. We don't have very many because the batteries on the camera died about a half hour into our zoo trip.

3 comments:

Gary Church said...

I'm sure that I was supposed to know it was your birthday, but PLEASE don't feel bad!!! I forgot my own husband's birthday 3 years ago!! lol. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kristy said...

What a fun thing to do for your birthday!

Sashafras said...

I am a horrible friend!! I can't believe I missed your birthday! I am SOOOOO sorry!!!!