Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Nora and the Guys

So I had preschool at my house today, but since my whole support base is out of town, Nora was there to enjoy the fun.

Nora and preschool don't really mix. She likes to be in the middle of everything, but she doesn't know how to do it yet, whatever it is. It is preschool for 3 1/2 year olds after all, and she is just 1 (ok, almost 2).

It started out with Nora taking whatever any of the boys had from them and saying "mine". Well, then the boys would usually hit her, at which point Ethan would hit them and scream in their face, "DON'T HIT MY SISTER!" Then he would turn around and hit Nora. It didn't help that Nora was tired. So I put her down for a nap.

Well, it turns out that a house full of boys isn't really conducive to a nap, but I left her in there for a while anyway. Just while we were actually doing the "learning" stuff. Then I let her out and tried to integrate her as best as possible and by the end, she was just one of the boys. At least she thought so.
The boys shoulders were actually touching so Nora squeezed herself in between.
(We were watching Backyardigans until the moms came to pick them up)

3 comments:

Gary Church said...

Total side note: is it hard to get your painting to hang straight? I've always wondered ... because I wouldn't know, since I never hang my work.

Kendra said...

Uh, yeah it is really hard. I'm kinda of fanatical about it and I can't get it right. In fact there was a better picture of the kids on the couch, but I didn't pick it because I didn't want you to notice the pictures were crooked. (The kids also knocked them around a bit). I'm thinking of moving to two nails instead of one.

Gary Church said...

I bet that would work better ... two nails, and just use the frame to set on the nails, instead of the hanger. I've ALWAYS wondered ... but no one has ever said anything about it. Thanks for your input ... I think I'll recommend the two nail approach. :)