Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wicked

My sister-in-law Tara called me up one day and said, "So you know that musical Wicked?"

I of course had heard of it, but honestly had little and next to no clue about it. So her next question was, "Do you think we could make a quilt with the Wicked logo on it (I guess I missed that "we" part)."

Me: Well, I don't know Tara, what does it look like?
Tara: I'll email it to you, but do think we could do it?
Me: Probably, does it have a lot of curves?
Tara: Not too many.
Me: Then sure, but it will take a lot of work, do you plan on piecing it or doing appliqué? (Notice I used the word YOU)
Tara: I don't know, probably piecing it.
Me: Ok, but that's really hard with curves....

A month later, phone rings
Tara: So when do you think you could help me with the quilt
Me: Uhhh....
Tara: You said you would help!
Me: Uhhh....
Tara:
Me: I'll come over tomorrow

And the rest, should we say, is history.
There were some bumps and snags (literally) along the way, but in the end I think we created a beautiful and very unique quilt. Props to Tara for sticking to her zany idea and dragging me along for the ride. It is a work of art that any Wicked fan would be proud of.

Here is the final product:

5 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Oh my gosh. It looks incredible!

Angela said...

Great job, Kendra! I can't believe how quickly you were able to get it done.

Kendra said...

Tara deserves most of the credit!

Gary Church said...

All I can say is Wow.

Sashafras said...

That is incredible!!!! WTG you two!!