The kids wanted popsicles, and I figured hey whatever gets them colder faster, I'm in. So we spent about 20 minutes outside in the snow having fun.Wednesday, March 05, 2008
SNOW!!! and popsicles
It's March in Texas and there hasn't been so much as one flake of the white stuff all winter. So after a beautiful weekend of temperatures in the 70's, it snowed. The kids loved it. Ethan was up and running at about 6 am. He was so giddy. I finally got up at about 6:45, dug out some warm clothes, dressed Ethan, and went outside as the sun peeked over the horizon. Daddy left to work a few minutes later so we dressed Nora and all went out front to build a snowman.
The kids wanted popsicles, and I figured hey whatever gets them colder faster, I'm in. So we spent about 20 minutes outside in the snow having fun.
When we went inside Ethan was very cold, and very mad about being cold. He went into his room and changed into some different clothes. Shorts and a T-shirt to be exact. I asked him why he wasn't wearing warmer clothes, and he said, "These are summer clothes, and I wear them when it's summer outside." I was a little baffled, but then I realized he was trying to trick the weather. He's sneaky like that.
I guess his trick worked because here is our snowman a few hours later, and it was rather nice outside.
The kids wanted popsicles, and I figured hey whatever gets them colder faster, I'm in. So we spent about 20 minutes outside in the snow having fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that's adorable. we get mealtime sneaks. they think that if they don't eat lunch, no nap and if they don't eat dinner, then they don't go to bed. silly kids, tricks are for moms. (sorry i couldn't help myself)
what a cute blog you have! yea, sasha for putting it where i could find it!
So fun- looks like they had a ton of fun in the short-lived (thank goodness) snow!
I love that he brought Pooh out with him after it warmed up ... that kid always has some sort of stuffed animal in his hands. It cracks me up!
Post a Comment