Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ethan's Big Day

Here are some pictures from Ethan's birthday.

Ethan and Nora thought they had died and gone to heaven when Chuck stopped to say hello to them. Going to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch is a birthday tradition at our house (for the kids). I know it is a bit high brow, but what can I say, we are classy people.

Ethan loves trains, so a train cake was an obvious choice. I made it during his nap, and when he woke up he came out and saw the cake on the table and said, "Mom, you're the BEST!" What made that special is that I wasn't even in the room (I heard it, because I was spying on him to see what he thought about his cake).

He got some fun gifts, and had a great day. I hope 4 is going to be an awesome year for Ethan.


PS Janette, the paintings are now hung straight. Two nails per painting did the trick, that and having my perfectionist husband do the hanging. They look beautiful.

3 comments:

Emily B. said...

The cake you did is so awesome! Good job! Chuck-E-Cheese...so many memories! Happy 4th Birthday Ethan!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Ethan! Love the cake... I want to do that for Ben's next birthday. Looks like a fun day!

Gary Church said...

How did you make that cake? Is it one big cake that you cut up and assembled? It looks sooooo awesome! Don't be surprised if I steal that idea. I'm a poser, remember?

I'm glad you were able to get the canvases hung straight. Crooked canvases would have driven me carazy.