Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bear Lake

Brian had a few days off from school this week so I said, "Let's get away!". Brian's uncle has an unfinished (almost finished) cabin up at Bear Lake, and so we called him up and asked if we could please spend two nights there. This is Brian's very very generous Uncle Denis, and he of course said yes. The only thing is that the forecast for Bear Lake this weekend included snow, snow and more snow. And the cabin isn't yet hooked up for plumbing and electric... Who cares! And off we went. So there were 3 major power cords jimmy rigged from a source outside the house so we could plug in space heaters, TV, and the microwave. We filled the bathtub up with a hose from outside and used the water to flush the toilet (TMI?). We brought snacks, frozen dinners, milk, cereal, hot chocolate and drinking water. And you know what, we had a great time.

My kitty cat lying in the sun to get warm.

Couch potato

Static Electricity
So cute!


It took 20 minutes to get them dressed to play outside in the snow. They stayed outside in the snow for 7 minutes.



COLD.
This is a picture of the road on the drive home. This is when it started to get better. I was too scared to take a picture while the conditions were worse. But we made it home safe and sound.

7 comments:

Juli said...

That looks like so much fun. I miss the snow and the mountains so badly! Are you missing TX at all?

Bethanne said...

SO much fun. Yikes for the cold though (not my cup o' tea, you know?!). I love the "20 minutes to get them ready to play for 7 minutes outside" bit...hilarious!

Tara said...

fun! i wish i was with you guys! miss and love you!

Emily B. said...

Wow dude, that's crazy! I bet you had a lot of fun (despite the crazy drive home).

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Looks like fun. It's nice just to get away! I'm still not sure about living in the snow, thank goodness it's already melted. So glad you made it home safe and I love that you got a picture of the road. What else would a blogging mommy do?

Gary Church said...

I can't believe all that snow!!! It seems so early!

The A Team said...

looks like fun. driving in snow is super-scary but i love watching snow from indoors, wrapped in warm blanket.

at first i thought it said beer lake...that would be a different post entirely.