Chris and Kristy came to visit. So what did we do for fun? We made dioramas of course!
Let's just say I was getting rid of a lot of shoe boxes. I have this thing about keeping the shoe box... I'm not alone right? Anyway, it's no fun to just throw all the shoe boxes away, you gotta DO something with them.

Here is the monumental mess we made, so fun!

This is Ethan's masterpiece, he called it "California Dreamin'"

Brian's was very abstract (and disturbing). He took the longest. Actually it wasn't disturbing, it was very interesting, and I loved it.

Here is my tropical paradise. I seemed to have a lot of flower papers and blue colored paper, so I went for it. Notice the tiki hut. Brian asked me, "What is a tiki anyway?"

Here is Kristy's work of art. Notice it is peaceful, uncluttered, well thought out, and very clean and neat. Also, the boy is reading his scriptures. It is very well-made.
So when is the last time you made a diorama? It is quite thereputic, and very very fun for the kids. Oh who am I kidding, I was the one having fun. The kids ran off and did something else about 20 minutes after we started. Go make a diorama, that's an order!
5 comments:
how fun, I never thought of doing that with all my boxes I keep hanging around until Phillip finally gets rid of them for me. What other materials did you use? I'm guessing old magazines, scrapbook stuff...?
When you said, "We made dioramas", I was thinking, 'what the heck is a diorama!?' You're hilarious!
I throw all my shoe boxes away ... if you still lived here, I would bring them to you instead. :D
Thanks Janette, I would love your old shoe boxes, and they would be used, I promise! Next time I'm in Texas I'll bring over a truck and load em up! (JK! please don't save them for me, I already need to go to rehab.)
Kirsten- we used craft paper, magazines, pipe cleaners, a Christmas garland, shoe boxes, markers, scissors, glue, hot glue, crepe paper, cardboard, construction paper, doo-dads, some thingies and pretty much anything else we could get our hands on. The sky is the limit.
The last time I made a diaroma was where we lived in Oregon and it was a pioneer one with those gopher things.
Ethan's California Dreamin' is so funny. Where does he come up with this stuff? Oh I love that kid!
p.s. a tiki is the carved wood statue guy with a funny face and his tongue sticking out. I don't know why though. I'll ask X.
Post a Comment