Monday, November 23, 2009

Wes and Me


UPDATE: Not Pneumonia! I had extra fluid on my heart the entire pregnancy, and the cardiologist said the only concern he had about my delivery was that they would give me too many fluids... Well, looks like they did. I'm just too full of liquids and when I lie down it feels like I'm suffocating. The doctor said I should feel a little better everyday as my body sheds the extra fluids. Guess I'm sleeping sitting up tonight.


Man I love this kid. He eats every three hours like clockwork, he sleeps great, hardly ever complains, he's only leaked a few times, and peed on me about 3 (pretty good for a boy!), and he's as cool as the cats pajamas.

I on the other hand am having a heck of a time getting better this go-round. My body has been achy and sick and so very tired. On Saturday I felt horrible, I could hardly breathe all night. Sunday I went to the emergency room and got some antibiotics for mastitis (6th time's a charm?). But that night I still couldn't breathe very well and my body still hurt through my chest.... The ER doc called me today and said I should probably get a chest X-ray, it may be pneumonia as well. That would explain a lot. I just want to feel better!

Wes has been very obliging for all my inattentiveness. I'm about to feed him and head out the door to go get a chest X-ray. I hope he's good for his daddy.

6 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

Oh I hope you start feeling better really really soon! I'm glad that Wes is such a good little baby, especially with you not feeling well.
Get well soon so you can enjoy your new baby even more!

Sashafras said...

Wow mastitis 6 times? That sucks! I had thrush a couple of times and that was bad enough. I hope they figure it out quickly and that you'll get better fast! I'm glad he's a good baby and that he sleeps well!! Love you Kendra! I wish I lived closer so I could help you out.

Kendra said...

Thanks gals. It's nice to have good friends, love you too!

My name is Andrea said...

Our thoughts are with you, Kendra, I hope you feel better soon!

Kirsten said...

oh, what a sweet baby! hope you're feeling better and getting pampered.

The A Team said...

i had that liquid thing with noah. no fun! are you on water pills to help?