Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back In Utah

Ok, ok, I know I just left Utah, but opportunity knocked and I opened the door wide.

My little sister has had a rough last year with her chronic illness, and while I lived in Utah I could go visit her in the hospital, help her out at home, and watch her son for her.  But when she went into the hospital this last time I was in Texas and I felt very far away and useless/helpless.  I was mentioning to a friend that I would love to go see my sister and help her out, but I'd have to go in the next week or so and driving alone with three little kids isn't very smart or practical.  Well, my friend said , "I'll go with you and we can split gas cost."  Wahoo!  We both went home and convinced our husbands that we were genius' to come up with such a great plan and a week later we were headed back to Utah.  My friend just moved to Texas from Utah the same time as us- she was a bit homesick and so was her son.

The drive went really well.  We stopped at my brother's house in Colorado Springs and spent the night.  Then we spent a couple of hours in Vail, CO for lunch the next day.  We rolled into Lehi about 9pm.  My friend and I parted ways to go hang out with our own families.  Now we are having a blast with our families and enjoying the beautiful Utah weather.

 Wesley and Samantha, cousins 1 month apart in age.
Eating lunch in Vail, CO.  Perfect weather, Yummy Mexican food.
Awesome playground in Vail.  Pirate ship and sea monster right off the deck of the restaurant we ate at.
Kids, getting grouchy.  Still 6 hours to go.
Emmy, Lorenzo and Nora playing at a fun water park in Highland, UT.  The weather was absolute perfection.

The only thing that would have made it more fun is if Brian could have come with us. ;)  (I miss you!)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

you. are. crazy.
I don't like to drive around the block, especially with my kids!
Way to go!

Brian Hall said...

Awe! Thanks for the photos! I miss you guys so much! That one of Nora cracks me up--what's with that silly face?

Becky said...

Hey! Are you still in Utah? I sure hope so! I want to visit! Email me! bexsta95@yahoo.com