Monday, September 13, 2010

Funny Nora

Nora has a way with words.  In fact she makes up her own words, and her own versions of common sayings.
For example:

Word:  annoying
Nora's Word:  ignnoying (as in "mom, you are so ignnoying!")

Word: Escaping
Nora's Word:  Unscaping  ("Oh NO!  They're unscaping!")

Common Saying:  You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.
Nora's Saying:  You get what you want, and you don't throw a fit.

Common Saying:  Move your feet, loose your seat.
Nora's Saying:  If you get up and move your feet, then you loose your spot.

And just a quick story about how Nora likes to substitue her own version of things....
She drew a lovely picture.  Then she showed it to me.  I noticed that she had glued some ribbon to it.  I wondered how she had done this because I knew she didn't have any glue.  So I asked and she told me she used tape.  I looked closer, there was no tape.  So I asked again, and she said, "I used my boogers."

7 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, man. I'm tearing up. Boogers. So resourceful.

Amberly said...

She is so funny. We miss you guys. I love her fiesty spunky personality.

brad said...

She is her own independent self, even in her thinking.

brad said...

She is her own independent self, even in her thinking.

Kara said...

That is so funny! She is very resourceful, looks like you have a mini macgyver on your hands.

April Johnson said...

That's awesome!!! I love it!!!

Mollie said...

Goofer! My favorite is, of course, the boogers. But the close second is "You get what you want..." which is a much better phrase than the original.