So the last road trip we took Ethan was doing this thing where he would never have to use the bathroom when we stopped at a gas station, but ten minutes later he would have to go (like, so bad mom!)...
We stopped at another gas station, Ethan said he didn't have to go.
15 minutes down the road everyone in the car is asleep except Ethan and I.
Ethan: Mom, I really, really have to go.
Me: Oh no you don't
Ethan: Mom! I'm gonna pee my pants.
Me: That's right you are.
Ethan: Mom!!!!!! Stop the car, I'm serious.
Me: So am I, I asked you at the gas station, and you promised that you wouldn't have to go soon, now you have to wait.
Ethan: I can't. MOM! I gotta go NOW.
Me: Put on a pull-up.
Ethan: No way......
5 minutes later
Ethan: (while relieving himself in a pull-up) Mom, just so you know, I'm 100%, NEVER doing this again.
4 comments:
aweseom - a soda bottle has worked for my son before
Kendra,
That is so funny! I think this little post might have just made my entire day.
This reminds me of my friend Molly's blog from a road trip they took this past summer. Her daughter is around 5, I think. http://blog.physicsmonkey.com/?p=1198
Nice! Glad I'm not the only one ;)
Post a Comment