Well, I finally did it! I made yogurt, and it was goo-ood. I used the method from this blog (one of my favorite food blogs).
She breaks it down and really once you have a strainer and a food thermometer, you are good to go.
To keep my yogurt at the right temp, I stuck the thermometer in, when it reached 120 degrees F, I wrapped it in towels and put it in my preheated (but turn the heat off before putting the yogurt in) oven with the oven light on. The yellow stuff on the yogurt is the Whey - here is a link to some cool way to use the whey.
I ate it way too fast to take pictures- so next batch I'll post a pretty picture of the tasty results.
3 comments:
I have made it too - did your kids like it? I LOVED it but my kids wouldn't eat it and I was making it mostly for them :(
Janie-
I didn't let my kids touch it! It was all for me. They don't appreciate it enough, ha ha! Maybe next batch I'll share.
Looks delish! I too believe I would eat it whey too fast! (And yes, pun intended!)
Post a Comment