Monday, September 05, 2011

Tonsils be gone!

Warning:  At the end of this post is a very graphic/nasty picture.  Not intended for children to see.
Last Thursday I got a tonsillectomy.  And right now I hurt, like bad, man.  Ouch.
But I know in the long run it's going to be worth it.  I get sore throats ALL the time and to get strep I just have to be within a mile radius of the infected... Not to mention my chronic halitosis.   That's right, I said it.  I have bad breath.  It's not my fault!  I brush 2+ times a day, I floss, I gargle, I chew gum- I still have bad breath.  It's all because of those nasty little tonsils sitting in the back of my throat.  BUT not anymore!  They are gone, and even though it is the worst continuous pain I've ever experienced in my life- I know it's going to be worth it.  (and yes, I am trying to convince myself at the moment that it was worth it.)


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Kendra...wow I had no idea you just had another surgery:( I hope the pain subsides soon...I have heard that can be a very painful recovery:(

Kirsten said...

sad! but not sad! but sad! hope the pain doesn't last much longer!