Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rain, Rain Don't Go Away!

I know it has been raining, A LOT. But I love it! Some days the kids get a bit ancie, but we've found some fun things to do. AMC theaters have free movies at 10am on Wednesdays, but you have to get your tickets a week in advance. Otherwise they are all sold out. I learned that lesson today... Also, they are not doing it on the 4th of July. We've also been doing the local library's summer reading program. The kids love to be read to. We've been trying to turn off the TV as much as possible, the kiddos are much happier when we play. Also, all this rain is really feeding our little garden that we planted earlier this year. Home-grown veggies, Woo-hoo! I always love suggestions for things to do on a rainy day, so I would love to hear your COMMENTS...

3 comments:

Joyner Family said...

Thanks for your comments Kendra. You are so sweet to offer to watch my kids. I am sure I'll take you up on it!

Joyner Family said...

Oh, did you guys plant tomatoes? We have noticed that all this rain is making them split. Has that happened to any of your veggies?

Emily B. said...

I always liked it when mom made homemade play dough (recipe in the recipe box I made you guys - too bad I didn't make one for myself!). I liked being able to make it whatever color we wanted - which always turned into a gross gray. But I also liked how it was still warm and tasted salty!