Monday, October 01, 2007

Crazy Bug Lady

This is my son's preschool class. I do a co-op with some other mothers. It is great fun. The kids are so sweet. I think it is really cute that it ended up being four boys. They are good friends and they do the funniest things.
When it was my turn to teach them we learned about dirt. You can probably guess that I had their rapt attention. I "buried" some things in a big bowl of dirt and we all had shovels (spoons) to dig them out with. When I told the boys that this is what we were about to do one boy said, "But we'll get our hands dirty!" He wore gardeners gloves. Some of the bugs (squishy plastic bugs) looked quite real and when the boys would dig them out they would kind of freak out and chuck them across the room. I laughed myself silly. At the end I gave them all a fake worm. The same boy who didn't want to get his hands dirty refused to touch the worm. Then we ate mud and bees (chocolate pudding and honey maid graham cracker bees). I am quite convinced that by the time they left my house the boys all thought I was crazy, and that they were OK with that.

2 comments:

Brian Hall said...

Ha ha! That's so awesome! LOL! I still laugh when I hear this story.

Gary Church said...

Check out your man sporting his shaggy do! Please don't cut his hair, I was just thinking on Sunday that he looks so cute with it!!! The difference between Ethan and the teenage boys is that "Ethan makes this look good". lol.