Friday, March 28, 2008

U of U or BYU

Soooooooo.....
My amazing hubby has been accepted to all the Business Schools he applied to. Hooray!

Here comes the hard part. While we were waiting to hear back from BYU, U of U became very tempting. In fact they offered him a job, a scholarship, and in-state tuition! Which made them cost about the same as BYU. So the cost argument is out the window.

We think we know which school we are going to say yes to, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think BOTH choices are wonderful! I've lived the student housing life at both and both have their pros & cons. But either way, you'll always be surrounded by amazing people that are going through the same thing you're going through. I HIGHLY recommend living in student housing--we're staying here for Randy's residency as well. If you go to the U, you'll have an instant companion....me!! (So beware!)

In Salt Lake you have the zoo, the Discovery Gateway children's museum, Red Butte Gardens, Raging Waters (in the summer-we get a summer pass), and the most AMAZING library system.

I'm trying to put together another preschool co-op for next school year, if you decide to come up here, let me know-there may be room for Ethan if you're interested.

I'm so excited for you guys-congrats!

Unknown said...

One more thing, the crowd at the U is slightly older-mostly late
20's, and some early 30's.

Tara said...

In my humble opinion, I think if U of U has offered him a job, in-state tuition, and a SCHOLARSHIP, I think that would be the best thing. Plus, you would be closer to me! hahaha!

Angela said...

Good luck either way! I am sure that they both have great programs.

Chrystalee said...

How exciting to have the opportunity of choosing either! Congrats and no matter what you choose, enjoy those mountains a little for me!

Brian Hall said...

While both U of U and BYU are wonderful opportunities, we have chosen to attend the Marriott School of Business at BYU. It was a hard decision that was made after much deliberation, study, and prayer.

Sashafras said...

Congrats on getting into both programs!! That's awesome!!

Gary Church said...

Congrats!! I'm so behind on this blog!!

Bethanne said...

I just wanted to say congratulations! I'm sad that you will be taking Ethan from me though; I'm fond of that little man! What an amazing blessing for your family though. :)