Sorry, no pictures.
This week has been a crazy whirlwind of activity. Starting at 5am Monday (July 14th) when we headed out from Plano with our Penske truck packed full of all our earthly belongings. We had a great first day driving and made great time getting to Colorado Springs before 7pm. My brother and his family live there on Peterson AFB. We ate yummy tacos, had Family Home Evening, and went to bed about midnight (the kids were VERY excited to see their cousins). We left after 8am the next morning, very exhausted. We had multiply stops just trying to find diesel fuel for the truck, and then for lunch, then for gas for my car, then for a rest stop, and then another rest stop (I could barely keep my eyes open!). Finally we made a energy drink stop for me and I was fine for the rest of the drive.... Not to mention Ethan and Nora switched cars. Ethan had been driving the whole time with daddy in the Penske, and Nora was stuck with me in our stinky Altima. So Ethan pretty much screamed for two hours straight about the injustices of life. That kept my eyes wide open and my heart rate well above the healthy level. So half way through Spanish Fork Canyon we came to a dead stop. An hour later traffic gets going again and we see why we were stopped. They were cleaning up some wreckage and a car that was barely recognizable... Sad. Then we finally rolled into our new home about 9:15pm. We found a place to park our truck (It wasn't easy!), checked the place out (it was my first time seeing the house), and headed to my mom's house for some grub and sleep. The next morning my borthers, sisters and a friend helped Brian and I unload the truck (Thanks guys). My fam stuck around for a while and helped unpack. We got the kids rooms finished and our bed ready. We ate at mom's and then crashed in our new house for the first time. Next day...Unpacking ALL day. I had to get as much done as possible because Brian was leaving for Texas in a few short days. Friday more of the same, almost done. Saturday we got up and got ready to take Brian to the airport. Then the kids and I went to IKEA to look for bar stools. No luck. I forgot I didn't have any food so the kids and I went to the store at 10pm. Have you ever been to a grocery store Saturday night in Utah? My sister calls it the Mormon Marathon. That brings us to today, Sunday. Two tired kids and one tired mom. Church went fine. The kids are in bed. Thank goodness.
Some funny things that happened along the way:
In the car Nora made up a song that goes like this:
I"m riding in a bus, I'm riding in a bus,
Clap your hands, clap your hands (think of the cutest hand motions to go with it and you wouldn't even be close to knowing how cute it was)
We saw a train and I said, "look Nora a train." She said, "a train. I'm excited."
We stopped at the Colorado river to get our feet wet, but it was muddy and stinky. Ethan looked at the people next to us and said, "you smell like elephant poo." We left in a hurry.
Ethan made friends with every person at every rest stop or restaurant (except the elephant poo people) and told them every detail of our lives including brithdays.
Every half hour Nora would yell from the back seat, "More candy!" I would hand her a stick of licorice. I found out later she was just shredding it into little pieces and throwing it on the floor. At least it kept her busy for a half hour.
Everytime Ethan would talk to me on the radio he would start by saying, "push to talk."
Nora spotted every balloon at every car dealership along the way.
And so many more fun things. The weather is amazing here in Utah and it has been so fun to be with my family. I miss my family I left in Texas so much. I especially miss my husband. I love our new house and the ward seems nice. I still have a little unpacking to do, my mom is coming over to help me tomorrow (you rock mom!). Sorry this post was so long and had no pictures, but I just had to get it all out before I forgot. Tired brains forget.
10 comments:
We miss you guys already...We're so glad that you arrived safely though and that you love your new house. And being next to family is so amazing, isn't it?! LOVE IT! :)
The quotes from the trip are hilarious. No one can ever say your kids aren't full of personality! I want to point out one or two that are my faves, but I liked all of them. SORRY! Pictures as soon as you get settled, eh?
I miss you all already. We are ready for you to come back. Ethan's and Nora's quotes are very cute. I love them at that age. Please keep in touch.
push to talk, I love it. That boy makes me laugh. Glad to hear that y'all made it okay. You will be missed in Texas.
Ethan is RAD. :D
What a hoot that Ethan is! Being out in the hall at church just isn't the same without him there :) Anyway, glad you made it to Utah safely and are getting settled. Can't wait to see a few pics of the new house and those crazy kids of yours. Miss you guys!
"Push to Talk"
"Elephant Poo"
"I'm Excited!"
It makes me miss my kiddos! I'm glad you are almost unpacked. Sunday dinner last night was eerily quiet...it's just not right.
We love and miss you!
Dude. I was laughing out loud at the elephant poo. Where does Ethan come up with this stuff?
I totally miss you ... I think I thought about inviting y'all over to play like 3 times last week. Blast.
i want to go around telling people they smell like elephant poo.
we miss you guys. ryan and ethan were always had so much fun together...until they got hurt. post pictures soon i want to see your new digs!!!
how's everything now? we'll have to look you up if we ever go back to utah (it can happen--texas, probably not).
i do remember the fighting racoons incident, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't my tent. come to think of it, that was my first year, and was it you and emily that kicked me (and the other first years) out of the nice wood tent for the stinky canvas one? how did we fall for that? i do remember catering an event at the wonderland ballroom in elgin once, and seeing you dressed up in a formal with a date. i just thought you were so elegant (ok i always thought that, every time i saw you, even in early morning seminary) and here i was with hurting feet and taking away people's dirty plates! i always admired how put together you were, and that you'd talk to me, even though i was one of your kid sister's annoying friends.
Whew! What a trip. Your kids are hysterical! We already miss you here in TX. Church just isn't the same without Ethan saying something funny and Nora scowling at us from behind a pew! Hope all goes well in getting settled this week.
Post a Comment