Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Preschool

I have FINALLY joined the ranks of mothers who get to send their kids to school. Ok, so I was a bit apprehensive. But excited at the same time.

Ethan woke up this morning and I heard some movement coming from his room. Then I heard, "MOM, moooooommm! mom, mom, come in my room, mom!" So I got my tookus out of bed and went into his room. He was sitting in the middle of his room with his legs crossed and a big grin on his face. He was fully dressed and his bed was "made". Then he said, "first day of school, first day of school!" (a la Finding Nemo)
He didn't even walk, he ran to the building. He was very excited.

Here he is at preschool. I said I'd see him in two hours and he said, "yeah, ok, bye." Well alrighty then.As we walked out the door, Nora made this pitiful face and said, "I miss Ethie"....And then 5 minutes later...

She was running laps of joy around the statues outside the building.

When I picked Ethan up from school he was very happy. He loved it and the teachers loved him. The teacher stopped me to tell me how good he was. (huh?) Guess I need to implement their discipline tactics (they use the green, yellow, red light warning system with the kids names on popsicle sticks). After a run down of what they did, I asked Ethan if he made any friends and he said, "We aren't allowed to make friends or we'll get a red stick!" Hats off to you Legacy Center for scaring Ethan straight, I think I need to take some classes there to learn a few things.

7 comments:

Gary Church said...

OH. SO. CUTE! Maybe this is JUST what the doctor ordered for smarty pants Ethan! I'm so excited for you too! Alone time with Nora ... so fun!!!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Ethan is one smart kid. It only took me a few weeks of primary with him to see that. And, the word tookus..might be my new fav for the next little while.

Cute Pics!

Bethanne said...

That is so hilarious...he is so cute and so independent, isn't he?! And nice "red, yellow, green" light idea. hmmmmmm...I like it!

And isn't Nora so adorable? I bet she is going to love this even more than Ethan is!

Sarah said...

we can't make friends or we'll get a red stick :D love it-- i'm so excited to enjoy preschool time too :D

Amanda said...

LOL!!!! SO FUNNY about the red stick!

Kristy said...

I'm happy for Ethan (and you). Just what the doctor ordered. Hopefully he won't get bored because he's so stinking smart he could be the teacher's aid. He couldn't be more excited, huh? I hope it lasts (and he makes friends anyway! ;)

Emily B. said...

So darn cute. Oh I miss both of those kiddos so much (oh and you too!) He was all ready for school!

I love that making friends earns a RED STICK!! Oooo

And Nora, I miss my Norie. Does she still remember her Emily?