Saturday, June 06, 2009

Lemonade Stand


When we get to Texas (in a little over a week), Ethan is going to become a business owner. He has been saving for a bike for a little over a month now, and is starting to really really want one. All the other kids in the neighborhood have bikes and ride them everyday. Ethan has his 3-wheeler. It's totally sweet, but he just can't keep up. So we decided to speed things up a bit in the earning money area. Now, I don't have the money to pay him for any little "job" he does around the house, and when I do pay him it's meager. So I told him about Lemonade Stands. he was so pumped. We wrote up a business plan and figured out how many days he'd have to be open and how much he'd have to charge in order to earn his bike.
Today we made some signs. They turned out very nice. He can't wait to get to Texas and open his first entrepreneurial venture. His MBA father is so proud.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

you are prego, a temp widow, and opening a lemonade stand. and i don't want to do a garage sale. (wimp)
sorry to hear you got sick (strep is the worst!), happy birthday, joni, and i love your sort of camping idea.

Becky said...

ok woman! Enough talking... Let's DO THIS! We need to get together and hang sometime. I know you have a trip coming up but... I want to see you!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Ethan is such a smart kid. If I saw him selling lemonade, I would definately buy some.