Monday, January 10, 2011

Igloo Fun

It snowed!
The snow is perfect.  It is light and fluffy, but still a bit dense and barely wet- perfect for building something....  Like an igloo.  Well, it was suppose to be an igloo, but our bricks were too narrow and so the base wasn't substantial enough to hold the top together.  So, it ended up being a snow fort.  After I went inside the house, I peeked out the front window and saw the kids in the neighborhood using it for a fort during a snowball fight.  Success.
Nora helped me in the morning and then Ethan helped me when he got back from school.  They both loved it.  Wesley, on the other hand, hated the snow and wanted nothing to do with the cold stuff, thank you very much.  So the only times I was able to work on it was while he was napping.  It was so fun.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

very cool! We made one last year but not that big and cool! I will have to remember your design for the next storm. And I will probably have to wait another year...all Liam wants to do right now is know down the things we build!

LaFish said...

You've got to be the coolest mom ever!! Looks like fun!