Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Days

So some days I just want to sleep.
and sometimes I realize that I'm in too deep.
Today my body feels old and tired
I'm afraid when DH gets home I'll be fired.
The laundry is calling out my name
how much there's to do is quite a shame.
I think "How hard is it to just start"
Then I find myself falling apart
I truly haven't earned my keep today
Why do I feel so full of dismay
But I'll do what I do on everyday like this one
I'll pull out all the stops and get most of it done
Laundry almost finished, table set for dining
floors and rooms and countertops shining
A smile on my face, my hair nicely set
And no one will be the wiser I bet,
That really I'm just old and tired,
and hoping today's not the day I get fired.

2 comments:

brad said...

Made me smile.

Megan said...

Ha. I felt like I had a pretty good day today, but I bet it was less productive than your day that made you feel like this. Sometimes it really is pretty hard to just start. Go easy on yourself, Crazy. You're doin' a good job.