I was able to find a great thoracic surgeon. His name is Richard Bowman. He squeezed me in for a consultation between heart surgeries yesterday. After looking at my CT scan and my MRI he said they should be able to do a minimally invasive procedure where they make three, one inch incisions between my ribs under my right arm. They will use scopes and remove the entire tumor. It will be biopsied, but he strongly believes it is not cancer and that it won't grow back. (sigh of relief) My surgery will be on April 11th. It's during my mother's spring break (she is a teacher) so she'll fly out and stay with my kids while I'm in the hospital. If everything goes right during the surgery, I should only be in the hospital for 3 days.
I feel really good now that I have so many questions answered and a plan to get the mass out of my body.
6 comments:
So happy for you that you have some answers & a plan!
OH, I'm so glad things seem to be going smoothly. I have been thinking and praying about you. I hope it all turns out well. Wish I was there to bring you ice cream in the hospital and stay way past visitor hours talking and laughing. Miss you.
Oh my goodness. We are praying for you. And grateful that everything is "working out" thus far. Let us know if we can help; but I'm so glad that your mom will be able to come out...not just to help with the kids, but sometimes it is just nice to have our moms with us during hard times!
sigh of relief is right! it's nice that as bad of a situation as this is, at least everything seems to be falling into place.
but, ug, no fun. we're praying for you!
Oh my goodness Kendra! I just read about all of this. So sorry you are having to go through it all, but it sounds like things are falling into place for the better. If there is anything AT ALL I can do for you, please call me!!! We would love to have your kiddos over if you ever need it. Or I have a rather handy husband that cooks great meals. ;) SERIOUSLY. Sending hugs and prayers your way!!!
OMW, Kendra, I just was catching up on blogs and I'm SOOOOOOO sad to read yours. But happy that it all seems to be going well, and that it likely isn't cancer. Phew. This all makes me sick. You get that tumor out and you get healthy quickly. I need to know that you are okay, crafting cool helmets and quilts and girls dresses and building igloos and raising Wally Ben's buddy Wes and his siblings and being the goofy and wonderful and amazing person you are. Healthily. With vigor. I will pray for you.
Post a Comment