So I had my MRI this morning. Not the most comfortable thing I've ever done. An hour with my hands stretched up over my head- ugh. If it weren't for the stinging pain in my arms I could've had a nice 1 hour nap. Oh well.
After all the tests I am feeling more confident that the tumor isn't cancer. Really the only major problem with this tumor is where it's located. It's kind of sandwiched deep in my chest between my spine and heart, sitting on top of my lungs. Heart, spine, lungs- hmm- all pretty important organs. So after the MRI they determined that there weren't nerves from my spinal cord that were mixed up in the tumor. That means I most likely don't need a neurosurgeon- I'll need a thoracic surgeon.
What is a Thoracic Surgeon?
A thoracic surgeon is a medical doctor who performs operations on the heart, lungs, esophagus, and other organs in the chest. This also includes surgeons who can be called cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, general thoracic surgeons, and congenital heart surgeons.
(I had to look that up )
Next step- find a good thoracic surgeon.
2 comments:
Thinking of you. Know i will do what ever you need. Just call me.
oh my goodness how scary this all is - let me know if I can do anything - any idea whatsoever of what it is - have you had it your whole life possibly?
Post a Comment