Ethan has this way of getting me to do things.
He owns probably close to 50 stuffed animals. And he loves them all, individually. I'm not kidding. They all have names, likes, dislikes, personalities and they are occasionally referred to as my "other" children (by Ethan- not me!). So when he asks me to make him a stuffed animal I say no- right? Wrong.
I've blogged about how Ethan's super power is manipulation before.
Somehow I was duped into making Ethan a stuffed frog- did I mention he already has like 3 stuffed frogs. I came into his room to help him get ready for school and he was in his closet crying. I found out that the problem was that he couldn't find one of his stuffed frogs. This was a problem because he wanted to take this particular stuffed frog to school because he'd earned a "bring a stuffed animal to school" pass. I of course said he should take one of his other frogs with him. This was no good. No good because all his other frogs had already been to school. Long story short- he convinced me to make him a new one so he could take it to school the next day. AND he wanted it green, soft, fuzzy and ready by 3pm that very day.
So, I hugged him, said "OK honey", took him to school, came home and created a pattern, cut, sewed, stuffed, and finished the frog by 3pm.
Geez, I'm such a push-over!
No comments:
Post a Comment