So the experiment is well under way. I have a schedule I try to follow. Yes, I said try. I do my very best, but sometimes I don't follow it to the letter. The kids don't seem to follow it that well either. For instance, they keep waking up BEFORE their scheduled wake up time... Yes I even put that on the schedule, and not once has it been accurate.
I must say, though, that putting activities to do with the kids on a list is very helpful. Also, nap time has been a huge success. So far those two things have been the best things to come out of the experiement.
The following is a sample schedule for a Tuesday:
TUESDAY
6:30- Feed baby
7:30- Get up, pray, shower, get dressed
8:00- Get 2 yr old, change diaper, pray, eat breakfast together
8:15- brush teeth, get 2 yr old dressed
8:30- Turn on music, color, art activity, and read books
9:30- Get baby, feed, change and dress her
10:00- Go to pool, playground, library or play group
12:00- Lunch
12:15- Nap Time (check emails, work on business, read personal scriptures, prepare Sunday school lesson, nap)
2:00- Watch a Movie, eat a snack
3:30- Turn on Music, Let 2 yr old play by himself, Make dinner
4:30- Pick up around the house
5:10- Daddy gets home, Dinner time, Scriptures
5:40- Clean up dinner
5:50- Play with daddy time
6:30- Baths, get kids ready for bed, brush teeth, medicine, prayers
7:00- Bedtime for kids
7:15- Mom or Dad go exercise
8:00- Do what needs to get done (emails, business, finances, relaxing)
9:30- Get ready for bed, pray, read
10:00- lights out!
1 comment:
I found your site from Emily's blog...dude, you are BRAVE! That's one heck of a schedule. I think I could only "try" to follow it as well....I think I'm going to "try" to follow in your footsteps and come up with a schedule of some sort for myself and the new baby. I'm not good with schedules either! Anyway, I enjoyed reading your thoughts!!! Love ya! --Janette
Post a Comment