Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day!!!

We seriously just had the funnest day EVER! From the minute we woke up this morning until our heads hit our pillows we were having non-stop fun.
Agenda:
6am wake up get ready
7am head out to SLC
8am scope out place to watch parade
9am Pioneer (Friends of 47) Parade!
11 am Planetarium
12pm Olympic Fountain at Gateway Plaza
1pm Wendy's, Head home
2pm NAP!
4:30pm BBQ
5pm Eat
6pm pool and slip-n-slide
7pm Popsicle and trampoline, backyard games
9pm fireworks all over the valley!!!
10:30pm Sleep........... (except me of course, I have to blog)

Ethan got a whistle from the Sonic people (thanks a lot.) I asked Ethan what his favorite thing about the parade was and he said, "when the horse went poo."

I asked Nora what her favorite thing at the parade was and she said, "the music" Above you will see a picture of her enjoying the music.

Fun at the Clark Planetarium

Fun at the Fountain

Swim time! It was hot today so swimming felt really good.

Yup that's me on the slip-n-slide, it was soooooooo fun. If you look closely you'll see Nora on my back.

Sand box, in the coolest back yard. ever.


My only lame picture of the most awesome firework show ever. We seriously thought it was the finale like 5 times.

What an awesome day!

(PS the only thing that would have made it even more awsome is if Brian were here to enjoy it with us, we miss you!)

9 comments:

Brian Hall said...

What's with the group hug in the background on the first photo? LOL! Miss y'all!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

I had to go look for the group hug but I missed it. It looks like a fun day for you guys. I was thinking about going to a parade and it looks like it was a good one. What an awesome sandbox, is that at your parents house?

Kendra said...

The sandbox is at a friends house, I wish it were at my parents house, we be there everyday! Oh wait, I do go there everyday. And the group hug (in the fountain picture) happens to be my sister Emmy and two of her friends. They were lots of fun.

Gary Church said...

Dude, I'm jealous. But apparently, I'm not the only one (Brian), lol. What a great day. I've forgotten all about those 'Utah only' holidays. We need some 'Texas only' holidays. Geez.

Bethanne said...

Omigosh, so much fun. Is that the gateway mall in SLC (is that it's name?) with the water squirty things? Love the kids reaction and comments about the parade. :)

Emily B. said...

So fun! Looking at the pictures makes me miss the kids...oh yeah, and you too! =) I was thinking about putting the toys away at our house because no one uses them anymore. =(

Amberly said...

Cute blog, the pics of your kids are so cute. I am glad you guys are liking it here, it will be even better when Brian gets home. Anyway, I enjoyed talking with you today, we are all glad that you moved in. You add so much to the group and your kids are so fun and cute. Talk to ya soon.

Sashafras said...

Looks like a great day!! You must be so happy to be near your family again!!

Kristy said...

Wow, what a blast! Is that at your parents' house? The background of the E&N on the slip-n-slide is GORGEOUS! Oh, I miss it up there in the summertime! And a parade too - man, I haven't seen a parade in what feels like forever. That backyard looks incredible. What's with Nora eating the dirt? The yard looks perfect for the slip-n-slide, not to mention a great view for fireworks! Lucky.