Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lady Bug Cake Day

Nora turned three yesterday. She is getting so big so fast. Where does the time go? Anyway, she absolutely loved her birthday- especially her cake.

You see about 4 months ago she decided she wanted a lady bug cake for her birthday. No joke, 4 months. So whenever anyone mentioned her turning three she would say, "Yeah, and I'm gonna have a lady bug cake." No pressure right. Well, I've seemed to adopt a Hall family saying into my own life-- "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!" I've always been a "less is more" kind of a girl, but I guess I'm slipping. Although I'll admit when it comes to food I always try to go the extra mile, especially birthday cakes. Hence, Nora's lady bug cake was a bit complicated. It was a simple chocolate cake, cut into layers, homemade chocolate mousse between each layer, ganche frosting (white and milk chocolate), and lots of sprinkles. When Nora woke up on her birthday I showed her the cake. She was so happy, and giddy.

We had to run some errands (I wanted to find black rope licorice for antennae), and everywhere we went I'd say, "Nora tell them what today is!". To which she would reply, "Lady bug cake day!" Then I'd say,"No, tell them it's your birthday." Then she would say, "Today is my birthday and I get to eat a lady bug cake." True story.

Midday, we went to Chuck E. Cheese. It's a tradition!

So my brother, sisters, parents, cousin, and friend came over for a party. It was fun. We ate pulled pork, coleslaw, hot crash potatoes, and bread...Yum.... And then dined on lady bug cake. It was good.

Nora got beautiful gifts and had a wonderful day. She is funny, smart, sweet and beautiful. I love her so much! Happy Birthday Nora, or should I say Happy Lady Bug Cake Day!

5 comments:

Brian Hall said...

Dude, I dream about that ladybug cake! It was SO good!

-Laura- said...

Mmmmm...that ladybug cake sounds DELISH! Seriously, my mouth was watering when you wrote what it was!!! I'll tell you what, I'll send you some pot stickers and you can send me some cake, okay? :)

AnoelleB said...

Oh my gosh, that cake sounds as good as it looks. Thanks for the 7 AM cake yen! :D

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Happy Birthday Nora. Darling cake. Im impressed.

LaFish said...

Wow - that cake is impressive! What fun! Nora is such a cutie - glad she had a great day!