So I'm starting to get a bit ansy about moving. I know it's going to come up on me faster than I will realize... So I'm trying to simplify and minimize the mess around our house. So I got out all of my half baked craft projects all over the house and pulled out the sewing machine. I want to get all of my craft to-do's done in the next week or two and then pack up all of my junk into a box, never to be seen again (well, not until Texas).

First, is this quilt. It's a small one, toddler bed size. It's for Nora's room, it matches the quilt on her bed. I have the toddler bed up in her room, so I wanted it to match! It's super simple and almost finished... I'll post a finished picture when I'm done.

I recently threw away a sweat shirt and a pink shirt. I saws them lying there in the trash next to eachother and noticed how they looked like mouse colors. So I pulled them out of the trash and cut out a mouse and threw the rest away. It's pretty silly, but the kids love it.

I've been working on this one since this summer. It's a pillow for Nora's bed. My Grandma has one like it at her house that she made as a girl, and I've always loved it. I wanted one, so I made this for Nora. Having a daughter is a great excuse to get and make stuff you always wanted as a child (Nora got a doll house for her birthday).
Now, here is a tutorial for poor man's silk screen, or
freezer paper stenciling:
Start with something that needs a graphic on it. At our house that usually means something with a stain.
You'll need Freezer paper, pencil, scissors, fabric paint (tulip brand is good), a paint brush, and an iron.


Draw a design you like on the freezer paper on the side without wax, cut out the negative space, iron it on the fabric (wax side down),

paint over it with the fabric paint, let dry a couple of hours, apply more paint if necessary,

Peel off wax paper, and wow, you're a graphic artist!



PS : Andrea, I warned you that the prize for winning my baby weight and date guessing game would be a long time coming, but in my crafting frenzy I'm working on it. It will be in the mail soon (in a week or two), and it's nothing like anything on this post.
6 comments:
You inspire me. That's all there is to it! Oh! And I love you!
when you get here, we're going to have to do some major crafting together.
Kendra, where did you get that undershirt in the yellow shirt picture? It's so cute and has such a nice high neck line.
cute! i've been doing the same thing: going through the sewing box and trying to get everything done. so questions:
i want to know where you got that undershirt, too. i haven't been able to find any that cover anything~
how do you make that pillow?!
back to texas? gimme the story
ok, I'm sorry to say that the undershirt is from old navy from about 7 years ago in the kids section. It's a tank top with a crocheted top. On sale for $3. Sorry.
I have an old navy kids tank, too, but it's not nearly so cute. It's ribbed. I keep going back to look at your craft projects and thinking about my own. I've got to find time for that. Sewing is like therapy.
Post a Comment